Friday, April 17, 2009

sketch book

I still keep a sketchbook. It's about the closest thing I get to a journal. I'd love to do the journal quilt thing..maybe the summer.. If nothing else gets done during the day, I at least try and put something in a sketch book. I have stacks of them. Ideas that will never see the light of day..


Mixed media is happening lately. These are pencil/guache/wax on paper. I wish I had Dumbledore's pensive, he pulls those things out of his brain and stores them in that magic bowl of his..

4 comments:

Art4Sol said...

Very lovely, soft colors....especially like the little piece of trim added.

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Sketch book is lovely,I like the textures you are building up.
I love Harry Potter books!
A pensive would indeed be useful,to re visit and to look again with new eyes.xx

Beena said...

Yummy! Just yummy! And if you decide to do the journal thing, be sure to post pics! I am also in that boat of contemplating doing journals, maybe sometime in the next few months!

Jackie said...

You are a great example of what useful and important things sketch books or ideas books are. Great work.