Wednesday, December 31, 2008

no excuses

When I go for a project, I go for it. The fabric, thread, needles (watch out!) fly without reserve. I am not a neat person. God bless those of you who are. I am not.

I like music when I create too..loud. So I wear the headphones..


I like to go for the gusto too, I don't work on one project at a time, I have a lot going on at once. It doesn't bother me to have a lot of unfinished projects, it's ok..
No excuses, I pull fabric, let it fall, reject, edit as I go. I should refold and store after I do something but I don't..

I work in our basement, I like it that way, I hope to have walls by the end of 2009..



A happy New year, and a wonderful 2009 to all..


7 comments:

Jackie said...

I love the shoes..I want to see the other end! I am not tidy either and often have a heap of stuff out till it gets so bad that I just have to clear the decks and start again.
Happy New Year
x

Anonymous said...

Your post really makes me feel good and the New Years Eve day!!! I too have a sewing are (studio) in my basement. The walls and ceiling are unfinished. It is seperated from a TV room and laundry/bathroom. I have baskets handing from the ceiling with different projects and items and bookshelves and cabinets line every wall. They are filled to capacity. Of course a storage room is on the otherside...with the furnace and I currently can not get to it the floor is so filled with Christmas on top of all the quilting!!! Happy New Year I also work on multiple projects and am not concerned about a timeline for finishing.

deb did it said...

I love your shoe shot! and I also create/paint/sew with WILD ABANDON.....stuff is everywhere today in my studio....WHAT A BLAST! Have fun!

jude said...

i don't have a basement. i even have fabric in the kitchen.

Rachel said...

It sounds like you have a lot of fun when you work!
: )

hens teeth said...

Thank you for your comment. It is great to see how you work, your attitude towards your workand how you work is great, I love it!
Keep in touch
viv

cconz said...

i absolutely love your fabric art pieces. I can't sew a stitch but, admire those that can. beautiful!!