Friday, December 5, 2008

andy goldsworthy

It occurs to me I haven't posted about the artists that I admire lately. People I look to for inspiration once in a while..
So I submit British artist Andy Goldsworthy for consideration:


An environmental artist, he wanders the Scottish country side (and elsewhere) and uses no tools or implements to construct cairns, wool fences, sculptures in situ. I was not familiar with his work and was recommended to watch this video, "Rivers and Tides". While I was convalescing a few months back , I watched it. Can I say you will never take a walk in nature and view it the same way. You will have the urge to stack rocks, arrange leaves and dig holes.
How about this thing:

Like an ice meteorite. He stuck the icicles together with spit, his..


And this... I would love to build something like this just to confound my neighbors! Well worth it, check him out. There are also several books around about his life and work..


4 comments:

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

I saw an exhibition of andy goldsworthy when I was on holiday in Nice.
Amazing work.

Unknown said...

Lorie, such an amazing artist..esp the first picture, looks like a bursting sun. Happy weekend :D

jude said...

he has been one of my favs for a while now. amazing.

Annie Coe said...

I have loved him for years, amazing and he is very inspiring.