Tuesday, May 17, 2011

June Library Show

Next up is my show at the Headquarters Library in Fredericksburg. .. Lots of new work going up! Here's a sample..

Acrylic on canvas 36x24"



Mixed media on board 18x18" Paint, fiber, thread, fabric.



..and of course some poetry!



When I kiss your face to make you smile, my darling,

I surely understand what pleasure streams from the sky in morning light,

and what delight that is that is which the summer breeze brings to my body

---when I kiss you to make you smile.


Rabindranath Tagore


3 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Congratulations on your show. I like the two pieces from your post very much.

Anna M. Branner said...

My goal is to be as busy in my art life as you. You ROCK. :)

Lorie McCown said...

Thanks ladies. Your comments mean a lot to me. I love both of your work as well.
Anna- I'm just able to ignore all the yucky stuff I'm supposed to do :DD xoxoxo Lorie