Friday, November 13, 2009

no laurel resting

Been in the studio.. for a little time with the muse, this one a literary one..


In between building an ark, for the 4 straight days of rain, I'm working on my Dec. show (all good things come in 3's right?).. a literary theme.. the show being in the atrium of the library.


This is inspired by the "Little House" books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I'm working on 12 (eek! ) new pieces, all inspired by famous authors and their books . Paper,fabric, floss all hand and machine appliqued and quilted 24"x24"



4 comments:

Deborah said...

What a great piece! I've always loved her books and I love the way you've incorporated so many textures in what is a tribute to her literary works as well as a fantastic piece of art.

Anna M. Branner said...

Just finished looking at your posted pics. I am SO bad about making it to other galleries each month. But your show really looks great. I love how your paintings look like shapes that could be quilts too. Really gorgeous L!

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

This work is beautiful.x

Jackie said...

Good for you. What a great idea and beautiful outcome.